Thursday, 27 March 2014

8Tracks...

Hey Guys!

A few months ago I was looking for some new music that I wouldn't usually listen to or something that maybe wasn't huge in the UK and of course I found the answer on Pinterest! I have a study board where all the pins help with planning, organising and just studying in general! One of the boards that I was looking at for inspiration had a music playlist for studying and I was intrigued so googled it and found the website 8Tracks. I must say that I love it and is now my go to place for new music!

With 8Tracks you have to sign up for it but once you have signed up it is FREE! Once you have signed up all you have to do is type into the search box an artist or a genre or a mood or an activity and a playlist will come up most of the time (I have only found one tag not to work but I typed in something different and I got what I was looking for). The playlists are great and like Spotify there are some limitations like you can only listen to a playlist once every 8 hours (this isn't always the case but it will notify you if that is the problem), once you are listening to a song you can't go back and listen to it again you have to continue to listen to the playlist or find another playlist, you can only skip a certain number of songs on a playlist before it will change to something that is similar in what you have searched for and finally the playlists have a limit on how many times an artist or songs from an album can be played.

The good thing about 8Tracks is that there is no adverts while you are listening to music unlike Spotify. You can also download the app from the Android Market and the App Store for FREE! The hard thing is getting signal or from where I am from anyway!

Not only can you listen to playlists you can create ones for yourself and it is super easy to do! It takes a while for the songs to upload but apart from that it is great and your playlist must have 8 or more tracks on it therefore the name 8Tracks! If you don't want to make a playlist or are finding lots of new music that you have never heard before you can favourite the song and it will appear on your page as well as if you enjoy a playlist that you want to listen to again you can like it and you will also find it on your page!

I hope you have enjoyed this post that is really just to inform you of a great website that I use daily and you can find my account here: http://8tracks.com/cattyl1997 If you enjoy 8Tracks or have any suggestions on playlists I want to hear from YOU! So comment them down below.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post! :)