Monday, 31 March 2014

It Was Mother's Day!

Hey Guys!

So yesterday (30th March) was Mother's Day here in the UK. I must admit I really dislike Mother's Day not because I dislike my mum but because she is impossible to buy for, honestly she is so hard. She is allergic to lots of soaps and things like that so they are definitely a no go! I then immediately think nice smelling candles but I buy her them and she never uses them so I don't really want to buy her more of then to sit about the house, the next thing is Jewlerry but she takes a reaction to lots of metals! Finally I'm right at the bottom thinking the usual ones like chocolates (doesn't eat chocolate), vouchers (hates shopping and doesn't listen to music) so I am usually screwed.


In the end I gave in and just bought my mum some peachy coloured roses as you can see in the photo above. I was going to get her some spring bulbs but then on the Thursday before Mother's Day she came home with a bunch of different ones so I had to change my plan! 


In the end I am actually really happy with my gift because my mum doesn't really like to make a big deal out of things and the plant is subtle but still nice enough. I also didn't break the bank buying it! The roses were £5.99 and the card was 49p. I also didn't worry about my gift once I had seen what my brother and sisters had given her which was also flowers and they are now placed all over the house!!

I hope you had a nice Mother's Day and got your mum a nice gift that she appreciated but let's be honest a mother loves her child unconditionally and isn't bothered about the gifts! 

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hope you didn't have such a hard decision as me on what you were going to give your mum! :)

P.S. Sorry if the photos aren't that great I just used my iPhone camera!