Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Star Crossed Season Finale


     *WARNING this post contains spoilers* 

Hey Guys!

It's that time of year again when all of my favourite tv shows finish for the year. It's exciting because all of the shows go out with a bang and have me sitting on the edge of my seat but at the same time I'm annoyed because I know that I am going to have to wait 4 to 5 months  till they start back up again! All I can say is thank god for summer shows.

The first show that finished isn't only the end of a season but also the end of a series. Star Crossed was on The CW on a monad night and after only 1 season it has been cancelled. It ended on the 12th of May.

I started watching Star Crossed because Matt Lanter who played the lead role of Roman was in it. He used to star in 90210 as Liam until it got cancelled last year due to low ratings. 90210 was one of my favourite shows so I just knew that I had to support his new project.



Star Crossed is set in 2024 as an integration program has started to integrate humans and atrians. Atrians are aliens that came to earth in 2014 after their ship crashed. They were all hunted and put into a sector where they were under constant supervision. The series is based on how after 10 years of the atrians being on earth 7 atrians are being allowed to enter high school for the first time. The lead role is an atrian named Roman as he starts at school. He falls in love with a human girl named Emery and the series is basically about how they face the challenges of trying to be together when they are two different species.

The episode before the finale ended with Zoe returning. She hit Grayson over the head and stole the float with the suvek in it. Also Roman was stabbed by his uncle Castor who was trying to become the ruler of the atrians. Once he had stabbed Roman, Terri stabs Castor and he dies where as Roman makes it to the shed in Emery's back garden where they first met 10 years ago. This scene is a really nice parallel to the first episode!

Emery then finds Roman and finds Terri to help her save Roman's life with Cyper the healing plant. The rest of the episode is watching the group of humans and atrians work together to try and stop the suvek going off. They find out that the iksen's key can stop the suvek going off and they try and look for it but they find out that the trags already have it.

Star Crossed ends with Roman taking the iksen's key out of the suvek and stopping the timer but Zoe and the trags have a backup plan and it still goes off and kills all of the humans in a 30 mile radius including Grayson and Emery. We find out that the suvek isn't actually a bomb but a signal to other atrians that are still alive and waiting in outer space.



I can't believe the ending to Star Crossed and there is so many unanswered questions that will never be answered because we aren't getting another season.

I know Star Crossed hasn't been the best series that is out there but I think it should of been given more of a chance because it was only given 13 episodes so it was hard to get the feel of it. Also it was in the sci-fi genre which is very hard to establish itself because the other CW show of the same genre was also cancelled.

Overall I would give Star Crossed 3/5 because it was a good series but it wasn't good enough because we didn't get to see more of the Star Crossed world. In my opinion the season finale was to a very high standard and I would give it 4/5 the only thing that would make it better would be if we were getting more episodes to explain everything!

I hope you have liked my thoughts and overview of not just the Star Crossed finale but also the series as a whole. :)