Friday, 4 July 2014

The Fault In Our Stars ~ Movie Review

Hey Guys!

So it's review time again except this time it is not an album, this time it is about a movie...

Yes! That's right I went to go and see The Fault in Our Stars on the 19th June (the day it came out in the UK) and I cried. A lot!

                                      

The Fault In Our Stars or #TFIOS as it is known on Twitter is the film adaptation of the book by the same by the author John Green. You may also know him as 1 half of the vlogbrothers on YouTube. I had read the book before going to see the film so I was fully prepared for what was going to happen. I had packed plenty of tissues and also my local cinema was handing them out as well! I knew I was going to cry, I mean I cried at the bloody advert. THE ADVERT! ( also you can watch the trailer here)

I went to the cinema with a large group of friends both boys and girls and we all cried. In fact the whole cinema cried! The boys were trying to deny it after we had seen the film but I say their tears!

What set me off though was all the little things that were said that was also said in the book like when Gus said "Okay" and then Hazel said "Okay" or "I'm a grenade." I don't even know why I started crying at those parts but I think it was because they had such a big meaning even though they were so small.

If you didn't know The Fault In Our Stars is about two teenagers suffering with cancer called Hazel Grace and Augustus. The meet at a support group and you see how their relationship grows through all of the good things like falling in love and also the bad things like how they both suffer with cancer. It is such a beautiful love story and really changes your perspective on terminal illness.

                                         

I would basically call The Fault In Our Stars my generations The Notebook due to the fact that there hasn't been a movie this good and also where more or less everybody that has seen it has cried. The love story is just perfect it is the kind of love that we all dream we had possibly not the cancer but definitely that kind of love.

The film is also one of the best adaptations I have ever see and that is saying something! I think it is because the movie stays so true to the book and doesn't leave anything out. The other thing I like about this movie is that it makes you laugh and cry so it is not all just filled with depressing stuff!

I would definitely recommend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it even if they haven't read the book even though I am a firm believer of reading the book first!

I would definitely give this film 5/5 and would call it the film of the summer!

Thanks for reading and hope we will catch up soon!:)

Catriona...