Friday, 5 December 2014

My Favourite Books From 2014

Hey Guys!

As 2014 is speedily drawing to a close I thought I would give you a rundown of my all time favourites from this year.

First up in this mini series of mine is my first love - books! My favourite books are a mix of just single books as well as series' so yeah :)


5. The Beautiful Creatures Series - A lovely series that goes on for 4 books that follows a love story between Ethan Lawson Wate a mortal and Lena Duchannes a castor. The series follows how they fight to be together through these two very separate worlds that don't believe that they can be together.

4. The Perks of being a Wallflower - This is a book that I have not long finished and it was definitely a book that gets you thinking about life after reading it. The story is about a boy called Charlie who is pretty much a complete loner. He writes to an anonymous person throughout the book telling them everything about his life and how it all begins to change as he moves into high school and becomes friends with Sam and Patrick.

3. The Mortal Instruments Series - This is a series of 6 books and I am obsessed with it even though I have only ready 4 out of the 6 books. It is about a girl called Clary who is introduced to a world that she should of grown up in but it was kept hidden away from her. As the series continues it shows how Clary begins to integrate into the Shadowhunter world.

2. The Fault In Our Stars - Yes I was one of those teenage girls that loved this book and if I'm honest I am not ashamed at all! The story is based on two teenager suffering from cancer focusing more on Hazel. It shows how the two of them fall in love and begin to live life to the fullest. It's extremely sad so make sure you have tissues with you at all times!

1. The Divergent Series - So this was my favourite book/series that I read over 2014 and it was also one of the first so I'm surprised that it is still up there. It is a trilogy that reminds me of The Hunger Games but is extremely different! It is based in an alternative universe where people get sent to different section to live depending on their aptitude. The books follow a girl called Beatrice later named Tris as she goes through the biggest and toughest time of her life.

So that is my favourite books of 2014! Are any of them the same as you? If you have any suggestions for what I should read next then hit me up!

Catriona...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin