Sunday, 12 April 2015

My Life Is Changing

Hey Guys!

On the 24th April this year I will of officially left school. Yip that's right after that date I'm going to be chucked into the world of adulthood and I'm so scared!

I have been in a school setting since the age of 5 so 13 years and very soon it is all going to change!

I spoke about my life after school, at least I think I have, a little bit here on my blog but I don't think I ever told you what is going to be happening exactly so today I thought I would share it with you.


As you guys know with my personal struggles with Mental Health my last 2 years in school haven't been the best in fact who am I kidding they have been awful! I have spent more time in my bed not being able to get up than actually in school. There have been points when I can't even walk into the school building without panicking!

Because of this my grades have suffered and I haven't been able to sit exams. This means that I don't have the qualifications to go to University and study languages which was something I had always pictured myself doing while growing up.

Instead I am off to study media specifically radio at college because even though the past 2 years I haven't sat exams the year I did in 4th year I got all A's (not to brag or anything). I am so excited and even though it isn't what I pictured myself doing I'm glad that I'm going to study it because it is something that I have always been interested in.

I will be studying at the City Of Glasgow college which I so excited for because Glasgow is a city that I love. I knew I wanted to study in Glasgow straight away because it is a city I am comfortable with and know well which will definitively help my anxiety so it doesn't blow up like it has in the past. Also it is an easy place for me to get home in case my anxiety does become bad.

The course I'm studying is 1 year long and after that I can either go and do a higher qualification or apply to go into Year 2 of University which if I'm still blogging you will hear about.

Also I am going to be leaving home for the first time which I'm really scared about but also really excited about. I live by the sea and I'm excited to find out what it will be like living up in a big city where everything is right at your fingertips!

Are you leaving home for the first time? If so are you nervous?