Wednesday, 22 April 2015

When I'm Anxious I... | Have A Cup Of Tea

Hey Guys!

First off I want to apologise for not posting yesterday but it was my first day back at school and it totally wiped me out! Honestly as soon as I got home I just went to my bed and watched TV and read my book.

But have no fear because today I will be posting twice so that I will still be completely the Ultimate Blog Challenge!

You guys seem to love these types of posts so today I am here with another one!

One of the easiest things that I do when I feeling anxious is make a cup of tea.

 Not only drinking the tea helps to calm me down but also the action of making it because it is something that I do constantly throughout the day so it is something that I don't really think about.


Tea especially Herbal Tea can help give you some relief with your anxiety but as with lot's of things drinking tea alone isn't going to help you will need to have other coping strategies as well. If you want me to do a post on some of these then let me know in the comments below!

Also drinking tea is great because it has non-medicinal properties so as well as helping with your anxiety it also hydrates you which helps your body immensely, some people with anxiety (me included) don't drink enough water or anything really and this can lead to making your symptoms worse!

It is a calm activity so that is why drinking tea is perfect for people who have anxiety or are stressed because you can't exactly run around while drinking tea. Have slow, calming activity is something that people with anxiety need a bit more often more than most people because we need time to sit and just take a breath.

Specific types of tea can also help with your anxiety espeically Kava, Passionflower and Valerian Root but these are harder to come by the more common ones that I drink are Chamomile, Peppermint and Lemon. For these I use a brand called Suki Tea which I talk about quite a bit on my blog. I like this brand because it is loose tea and that is pretty much it!


Of course when you are out and about and not at home and you have a panic attack this happens to me all the time I need to take a break so even if you go into a cafe even if it is just for 15 minutes and get a tea then I can guarantee you will feel quite a bit better.

Remember though you can't just drink tea alone and think that is going to help with your anxiety you also need to have other comping strategies to go along with it!

Do think drinking tea helps with your anxiety?