Friday, 22 May 2015

Bad Blood ~ Music Video Review

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I have a slight, ok massive obsession with Taylor Swift and I have for a really long time.

Recently aka Sunday 17th May she premiered her most recent video at the BBMAs and boy oh boy it was amazing!


I thought I would share all of the things that I loved about this video! I admit it isn't one of my absolute favourites but I defintiely thoroughly enjoyed watching it!

First off let's talk about all of the people that were in it. I mean this has got to be one of if not the most star studded music video ever! It had Selena Gomez, Hailee Steinfeld, Gigi Hadid, Karlie Kloss, Ellie Goulding, Zendaya and even more people! it is utter craziness!!

This version of Bad Blood was a remix featuring Kendrick Lamar who I admit am not really a fan of but I do enjoy his part to the song even though I prefer the original but understand at the same time why he is featured I mean Taylor loves him!


The video is based on two friends who are sort of partners in crime when one of them stabs the other in the back. Taylor aka the girl stabbed in the back then assembles her squad to take on the back stabber and is just filled with badass girls who are strong, independent women and don't need no men!

Fun fact all of the people featured in the video all chose their own aliases which I thought was pretty cool and once you know that you can kind of understand the names. My personal favourites are Taylor Swift with CATastrophe, Cara Delevinge with Mother Chucker and Hayley Williams with The Crimson Curse (menstrual cycle reference according to an interview she did).

My favourite outfit was the spikey bra look partly because I never expected Taylor to look so badass in my life!


Favourite part was definitely when Ellen Pompeo and Mariska Hargitay came out and nodded to her because if you didn't know Taylor's cats are named after the characters that they play on Grey's Anatomy and Law & Order: SVU. It was such a fangirl moment for me because I love them so much!


Basically the Bad Blood video totally slayed me and I can't wait to see what she does with her next video because all of her videos keep getting better and better!

UPDATE: Bad Blood now holds the 24 hour Vevo record with 20.1 million views in the first day!

My idol honestly slays! 
Do you like the Bad Blood video? 
What are your opinions on Kendrick Lamar's feature on it?