Tuesday, 16 June 2015

My 26 Hour Bus Journey Essentials

Yes, you did read the title right! I am off to Germany today actually (it's a sheduled post) and I am travelling there by bus... It's what you get when you travel with your school.

I am so excited to go and today I thought I would share the must haves that you just have to have with you on an extrememly long journey like mine.


1. Wipes - These are a must because for me I am going to be on this bus for over a day and my face will just feel disgusting and wipes are perfect to just make your skin feel a little bit better. It is alaso great for when I am super tired and they help to wake me up.

2. Chewing Gum - You really don't want to be that person on the trip with smelly breath now do you so Chewing Gum is perfect when uou think your breath might not be as nice as usual and you can't brush your teeth.

3. Lip Balm - Because of the air conditioning on the bus my lips get chapped or on their way to being chapped quite easily. I carry lip balm with me everywhere but I just want to make sure I have it because it makes all of the difference!

4. Kindle - My kindle is a definite must for whenever I'm travelling because it is light and is more than one book! I have 4 ooks on it that I am yet to read and I am considering re-reading The Hunger Games if I run out of books as well.

5. Current Read - Don't get me wrong I love my kindle but there is nothing like reading from a physical book and my current read is Voyager by Diana Gabaldon the third book in the Outlander series. You just have to have a book with you when you are going on a long journey you just have to!

6. Water - It is very easy to not stay hydrated when you are travelling so I always make sure I have a bottle of water or 2 to keep me going on a journey as well as the ones that I buy. Just make sure you don't drink too much haha.

7. Blanket - I always take a blanket when I am going on a long journey and especially on ones like this because I am going to have to sleep at some point. Also with all of the air conditoning it can get cold at times so perfect to keep you warm but not too warm.

8. Earphones - I love music and taking my iPod as well as earphones are perfect. I find it difficult to sleep so just switiching off from everything that is happening around me and listening to music is great to help you sleep or for some alone time because it can get quite cramped on a bus. Think of that saying 'Earphones in, world out.'

9. Portable Charger - If you have an iPhone you will know that the charge is honestly rubbish so with a long journey like this where plugs are unpredictable then a portable charger is extremely important.

10. Snacks - Snacks on any kind of journey are great and with this long one I don't want to spending all of my money at the service stations because they are usually really expensive so taking your own i a great solution. Personally I love the little Oreo packets.

11. Clean T-Shirt - Again my journey is 26 hours long and before I get off the bus I am going to want to change out of it so I don't feel disgusting when I am meeting my exchange partner for the very first time.

12. Hair Bobbles - Everyone calls them something different but I call them bobble. You just never know when you are going to want to tie your hair up!

13. Cards - You might not want to read your book all of the journey so a pack of cards is a great way to kill time!

14. People With Good Banter - Probably the most important one is making sure you are travelling with people who you like and can make you laugh especially when you all start to get to that grumpy mood when you have been travelling for so long.

And that is it! They are all of my 26 Hour Bus Journey Essentials! Do you recommend anything else leave it in the comments!