Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Short Hair Don't Care Or Do I?


Recently I got my hair cut, by recently I mean Thursday and I will admit it has taken a bit of getting used to! Why? You may ask well because I got it cut short and not my normal length short but even shorter!

When I think about it I realise that I have pretty much been getting the same hair cut since I was in primary 4 which means I was 8 and I am now 19... It was shoulder length maybe a little longer if I was being "brave" with a side parting going to the left side. I would then grow it out till it was just passed my boobs and then I'd do it all again.

This has been my hair routine for 11 years and it's never changed I guess it was because it was what I was used to and also really easy to handle. Why change a good thing eh?

After
But that's the thing I had been wanting a change for ages now. If you know me then you know that I have been saying since November that I needed a haircut and back then I was like I think I want it short. There was even a very small moment of time when I wanted it purple, luckily that idea didn't last long!

Finally I went and booked my appointment and while I was sitting in the chair I was like screw it cut it short and that's exactly what happened... Now while the hairdresser was cutting it I was totally freaking out internally but it wasn't until it was all done that it hit me. I hated it and totally regretted getting it so short.

 Before
I paid and as I walked along the street going to meet my Mum I totally felt like crying I just felt like it wasn't me at all... A bunch of my friends were all saying it looked great and it took a while for me to actually realise it wasn't as bad as I thought plus hair grows!

It has now been a few days since it's been cut and I totally don't hate it now! I mean I'm not totally in love with it either but I do like it now. I've realised it was the middle parting she gave me is what makes me not so keen but I actually like it short.

Going to the gym on the other hand is a bit difficult as it doesn't sit in a ponytail well and constantly gets in my face but I'm just going to have to deal with it.

The annoying thing is that it is a lot harder to manage than my long hair because I could leave it to dry and it would be fine but now I really need to use a hairdryer or it goes all flicky.

Other than that I love all the different styles I can do with it as well as whipping my hair back and forth (remember that song?!).

Hopefully as time goes on I love it more and more! Plus hair does grow so it's not the end of the world.

Have you ever had a hair cut you didn't really like?
Catriona...