Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Scottish Music Scene: Fatherson

Hey Guys,

As a radio student I am always discovering new music and especially Scottish music. Today I'm going to be starting a new series where I introduce you to bands and artists from Scotland that I feel like people are missing out on because they haven't been recognised enough yet.

First up is one of my favourite bands called Fatherson who are a three-piece band that formed in Kilmarnock. They play alternative rock/indie music and have a sound similar to Frightened Rabbit or Twin Atlantic.


Currently they have released two album with the most recent being 'Open Book' which was released at the beginning of June. Not going to lie I have had this album on repeat for a large proportion of the summer! With my favourites being the second single 'Lost Little Boys' or 'Stop The Car' and 'Forest' from the album.

I was lucky enough to see them live on the 4th June at the O2 ABC here in Glasgow and it has honesty been one of my favourite gigs of the year so far, apart from the really tall man in front of me who had a back pack on the whole time. I mean who has a back pack on through a whole concert?! Ross, the lead singer, sounds exactly the same when playing live than he does in a recording. In fact the whole band sound even better live. They got the whole crowd going playing all of the absolute tunes from their new and first albums. I even ended up meeting them after the show by the merch desk when I was buying one of their t-shirts.

This year alone they have played at so many music festivals over the summer like; Bestival, Reading and Leeds, Belladrum Tartan Festival and T In The Park. As well as going on two headline tours! They next play in Glasgow on the 23rd December at the Barrlowlands and they're is still tickets left if you want them!

If you want to go check Fatherson out which I really think you should then I recommend;

1. Stop The Car
2. Always
3. Just Past The Point Of Breaking
4. An Island
5. Home Town



If you are interested then go follow them on Twitter - @fathersonband or on Facebook - FathersonBand

If you do go check them out or decide to go see them live then please let me know!

Catriona...