Monday, 10 October 2016

My First Experience With Liquid Lipstick

Hey...

Every blogger and their Mum seem to be going on and on about their love for the liquid lipstick craze at the moment. After seeing so many people rap on about it I took a trip to Boots; can see the whole haul here where I picked one up for £5.50 which I think is super affordable. In fact I think all of NYX's products are super affordable! So let's see what I thought!


Near enough every post I read on liquid lipstick featured the brand NYX so I headed straight to my local NYX counter to see what was available. Here I found the Soft Matte Lip Cream collection and thought well this is the range for me.

I had no clue what kind of shade to go for of course I knew that autumn was coming but felt a dark red was too 'out there' for my first shade and I was't too keen on the super neutral shades that are of a more brown tone so decided that pinky brown tone might be better. I went with the shade 'Cannes' which is number 19.

Now I love the matte lip look but the problem with it is that some products dry your lips after application and I can definitely say that the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream didn't do that for me. Quite the opposite. My lips definitely felt dare I say it? Moist... Ugh hate that word!

The great thing about this product is that it lasts for ages and you hardly ever have to re-apply it! I've worn it a bunch now both on nights out as well as day to day. I only ever need to re-apply it once maybe twice depending on the situation but you can definitely have a few drinks before you need to think about re-applicating.

Here's an awful photo of  me at 2am trying to finish this post!
As this is my first ever liquid lipstick I was a bit worried about the whole application process as I'm so used to just swiping my trusty Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick's across my lips and off I go. It takes a bit of time to get it looking right but easy enough especially for a novice when it comes to make up like me! It has a great smell which doesn't put you off using it which is great as I hate when products smell weird. It also drys matte pretty instantly so don't need to worry about smudging it.

I would definitely recommend the whole Soft Matte Lip Cream range to all of you guys! I'm definitely off to go get some more shades as well as look at the rest of NYX's products! 

Are you a fan of liquid lipstick?

Catriona...