Friday, 7 October 2016

The Hunna | Gig Review 2/10/16

Hey Guys,

I went to a sold out gig on Sunday 2nd October at The Garage in Glasgow to see a band called The Hunna. They are an indie rock band from England and currently on tour promoting their debut album 'The 100'.

Not going to lie I ended up missing the first support band; The Night Cafe as I didn't get there till half 7 which I am totally gutted about! I found this band a few weeks ago and been crushing hard on their music since I found them. I had no clue they were supporting The Hunna otherwise I would of been right there for their set.


The second support act was Blaenavon and I did see these guys! The lead singer looked exactly like one of my old flatmates and it took me ages to realise that it wasn't actually him... His hair swishy was very swishy haha. Their music definitely got the crowd going and buzzing for The Hunna. I definitely want to look into these guys and see what they sound like on a recording and see if it is any different to them live. A stand out track was 'My Bark Is Your Bite' that was so catchy!



Finally after a very long 30 minute wait, doesn't it always take ages for a headliner to go on the stage no matter how short it is as your anticipation just builds up more and more anyway it was time for The Hunna to take the stage. As soon as they walked on the obligatory Scottish chant 'Here we, here we, here we f**king go!' started and they began to play and oh my god...


Before going into the gig I said to my friend I can just tell that this album was made to be played live and boy was I right. The atmosphere was electric in the venue. The crowd was totally going for it with there constantly being mosh pits and jumping and chanting all throughout The Hunna's set.

I was pretty much at the back of the venue but I couldn't care less as I was having such an amazing time. They sound exactly like they do on their records maybe even better.  I had heard that they were good live through word of mouth as well as the Facebook Livestreams they have been doing but I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were. My favourite songs by them are 'You And Me' and 'Bonfire' but now after seeing them live 'She's Casual' and 'Piece By Piece' are now right up there with them!


To top the evening off my friend Kate and I even ended up meeting them at the end as they wanted to meet as many of the people attending as possible and they were lovely. Taking the time to speak to us, give us a hug and getting a photo or two!

I had a great night seeing The Hunna. What was the last gig you were at?

Catriona...